I-Caption T4 & T4R – Transmitter and Repeater
The T4 is designed to serve as both the transmitter and repeaters for the I-Caption, D-Scriptive and Audien systems. It transmits cue information from the control station to R4 or R6 audio and video hand-held receivers. The fully automated system is designed to display captions, audio description subtitles and/or multi-lingual commentary to wireless receivers.
The T4 Transmitter when coupled with the R4 or R6 Receivers and the Control Station Unit will display I-Caption slides of verbatim closed captions or multi-lingual subtitling. The T4 can also trigger playback of prerecorded audio files in mp3 format on the receiver for audio description for the blind or multi-lingual audio commentary.
The primary T4 Transmitter / Coordinator is hardwired to the control unit and broadcasts cue information to the receivers via a wireless mesh network in the 900 MHz range. Additional, T4 Repeaters can be added to the network to increase coverage. Repeaters can be either wireless or hardwired with CAT5E cable terminated in an EtherCon connector. Local 5-7 VDC is required for all T4 transmitters, whether hardwired or wireless.
The T4 Repeater unit incorporates a sensitive RF transceiver utilizing a peer-to-peer protocol in 900 MHZ or 2.4 GHz range for operation in global markets. This innovative mesh protocol offers added network stability through self-healing, self-discovery, and dense network operation.
- Utilizes an innovative 900 MHz mesh network specifically designed to work in high traffic radio transmission areas.
- Wireless repeaters can be added as needed.
- Covers approximately 300 ft radius in ideal situations.
- Strong metal case with EtherCon Connectors makes it extremely durable in harsh environments.
- Universal mount allows it to attach to wall, ceiling or microphone stand.
- Hardwired transmitter receive RS-485 information and power down a standard CAT5E cable terminated in a EtherCon connector.