The SA1401 is designed for professional applications (classrooms, board rooms, small meeting and conference rooms) as well as for home personal use and is compatible with most infrared receivers currently in use. The drop-in charger is designed only to recharge Sound Associates SA1520 series receivers. It is designed with a new industrial-strength chassis for added durability in commercial applications. Its advanced mechanical design ensures years of trouble-free use, while making the headset comfortable to wear. The SA1401 single channel, selectable transmitter is designed to emit a frequency modulation of 2.3 MHz, 2.8 MHz or 95 kHz (via selector switch located on the back of the unit.) The SA1401 uses infrared light to transmit audio to the receiver. As it is a “line of sight” technology, the receiver (headset) must be used in direct line of sight with the transmitter. The receiver must be free of any obstructions that would block the infrared light from the receiver. To ensure proper set up and use of the equipment, please consult the operation manual. (A link can be found at the bottom of this page.) If you require further assistance, please call our Customer Service Department Monday-Friday 10:00 am - 5:30 pm at (888) 772-SOUND (7686).
- Automatically shuts off transmitter when no audio is present (approximately 5 minutes). Note: Power to battery charging stations remain on.
- Convenient drop-in charging cradle will charge battery while in the receiver.
- Multi-charging capabilities to charge to additional batteries in side slots.
- Recessed LED battery charging indicators.
- 12 high-powered diodes with 170° angle for maximum coverage pattern.
- Three selectable channels (2.3 MHz, 2.8 MHz and 95 kHz for compatibility with nearly every IR receiver.
- Automatic Gain Control.
- Commercial grade casing with weighted base for extra stability and durability.
- Full one-year warranty.